The Karup futon mattress comfort is a 14 cm thick cotton futon with a core of 6 cm comfort foam covered with several layers of cotton. All our futon mattresses have a higher density and thickness than traditional Japanese futons but still offer all the good qualities of a traditional futon. The comfort futon offers a medium-firm sleeping comfort. The cotton layers in the futon adapt to the body and support it, the comfort foam core gives a slight kickback.
The Karup futon mattress comfort is filled with 6 layers of 95% cotton combined with a core of 6 cm comfort foam. The foam provides a light counter pressure with good support. Thanks to the multiple layers of recycled cotton, covered with a 100% cotton cover, this futon offers very good ventilation. Recycled Cotton is endorsed by various studies as the most sustainable shape of cotton due to the fact that the high environmental impact caused by regular cotton cultivation does not apply.
Karup futon mattress COMFORT black
- Ticking of 100% cotton
- Filling 4 layers of cotton
- Ecologically recycled cotton through use
- Felt padding made of wool
- Core of SG foam
- Thickness 14 cm
ADVANTAGES FUTON MATTRESS
- A futon provides a firm surface with a light counter-pressure and, thanks to the compact cotton filling, forms to the contours of your body. It provides support over the entire length of your body.
- This is why FUTONS are especially recommended for people with back problems or who are overweight.
- Due to the natural and airy filling, it offers excellent ventilation. This way you will sleep comfortably even on warm nights.
- Thanks to the firm structure and the mattress is easy to turn, the FUTON can ventilate well during the day, which means that it is better ventilated and retains its fresh, natural scent.
- A futon can easily be folded in half, with which you can save space in a smart way
USE FUTON MATTRESS
- A natural property of cotton is its ability to be compressed. To restore the original shape of the futon, it is best to roll and fold it at least twice a month in all directions, so that the cotton moves well over the mattress. Cotton is a natural product and can shrink during use with a margin of 2 to 1 cm. To keep the mattress even, you can occasionally run down the edges of the futon with your full weight to keep the surface even.
- Do not use synthetic corner sheets or flannel/mattress protector, as this will block the ventilation and cause the futon to mold.
- A futon mattress is made of cotton fibers – don't let it get wet.
- As with other mattresses, the FUTON must be turned regularly so that it retains its shape and can be ventilated.
- Leave the mattress uncovered regularly during the day. It can ventilate better if not covered.
- Provide a ventilating surface, for example a tatami mat or slatted base. Directly on a wooden floor / tile floor / laminate floor or carpet does not provide sufficient ventilation, which can cause the futon to mold.
- Do not let the futon get wet and do not place it in a room with high humidity. This will result in mold in the futon.